Welcome

My 13-yr old daughter and I have resolved to try one new dinner recipe each week for the entire year. She will pick the recipe, shop for the recipe and I will assist her in making the recipe. I am excited to see her cooking skills increase and to spend time with her. I hope you will join us on this adventure.



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sugar Cookie Fun with Samantha



I had the immense pleasure last week to decorate sugar cookies with Samantha.  She decorates beautiful cakes, but had never decorated cookies with Royal Icing.  So we took a little trip downtown to Above The Cellar to pick out cookie cutters, icing colors and icing flavor.  Samantha picked out a cowboy hat and a cowboy boot.  I picked out a moose.  We tried a powdered color for the icing.  We both decided that while it is better than the gel, it is not as good as the color in the squeeze bottle.  The powder clumped up and needed stirred alot.  I had some trouble getting the frosting the right consistency.  This did not help Samantha in her decorating.  But she soldiered on and did the best she could with what I gave her.  It was a great time and I am so glad I got to spend the day with Samantha.  Next time we will tackle something a little more complicated and include a recipe.  So Samantha if you are reading this...you better start looking! Love you kiddo.  Thanks for hanging out with me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment