Welcome

My 13-yr old daughter and I have resolved to try one new dinner recipe each week for the entire year. She will pick the recipe, shop for the recipe and I will assist her in making the recipe. I am excited to see her cooking skills increase and to spend time with her. I hope you will join us on this adventure.



Friday, January 14, 2011

Recipe #4 - Taylor's Shrimp Creole

Tonight was Alabama Shrimp Creole night.  I started off cranky and lacking patience.  Taylor was feeling a bit unmotivated to listen to directions.  But Dad showed up and helped refocus both of us for the most part.  Here is the verdict:

2 out of 5 stars

The critic thought this was a lot of work for something that turned out to be alot like "Rice-a-Roni".  It had very little spice and no real depth of flavor.  The critic thought it wasn't good enough for the money put into it.  Taylor was a little disappointed by the scoring, but again we reminded her it was the recipe and not the chef.  She struggled tonight with wanting to cut corners and we needed to talk about how that affects the outcome. 

What I thought?!  Now that I just sat down and looked at this recipe, I realized that it was very poorly written.  It didn't list all of the ingredients and didn't include the directions for some of them.  So I am not including the recipe for this.  I should have read it more thoroughly before starting.  This will be a good lesson for Taylor.  So I don't think it is fair to actually critique the recipe.  Better luck next time for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment