Welcome

My 13-yr old daughter and I have resolved to try one new dinner recipe each week for the entire year. She will pick the recipe, shop for the recipe and I will assist her in making the recipe. I am excited to see her cooking skills increase and to spend time with her. I hope you will join us on this adventure.



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's No Longer Just Sinful...

I think I might actually commit murder over this cake!  It is a cake I have featured already in the post - The Best Chocolate Cake Ever.  The cake is the Sinful Chocolate cake, but I made a few changes and put a frosting on it that would bring anyone to their knees! As a matter of fact, Taylor and I were fighting over it for breakfast this morning!

THE CHANGES

1. I baked the cake in 2 9x2 in round cake pans.  Don't use a standard 9 inch pan or you will have too much batter! If that's all you have, only fill the pan 2/3 full and save the rest of the batter for something else.

2. I frosted it with a delicious, ridiculously easy whipped cream frosting! It was so perfect for the richness of the cake.  It was a perfect compliment instead of a decadent addition!

Are you ready for the frosting recipe? You might want to sit down for this!

Whipped Cream Frosting

1 can Ready Made Frosting, flavor of your choice
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip

Add both to your mixer and whip to combine.  Frost until your hearts content!

It absolutely can not get any easier than that!  Just remember to refrigerate the cake after you have frosted it!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment