Welcome

My 13-yr old daughter and I have resolved to try one new dinner recipe each week for the entire year. She will pick the recipe, shop for the recipe and I will assist her in making the recipe. I am excited to see her cooking skills increase and to spend time with her. I hope you will join us on this adventure.



Friday, February 25, 2011

Where Did February Go?

It seems I have let February get away from me.  It has been a month of weddings, parties and wonderful house guests.  Of course, there was Valentine's Day which only remains important because it is the anniversary of me meeting the love of my life.  It is hard to believe it has been 3 years, when it feels like a lifetime ago.  Life is so amazing when you find the perfect compliment to yourself.  However, please don't think I have not been busy in the creative department. 

First I was absolutely blessed to have the opportunity to make cookies for Miss Addison's first party.  I thought I might get off easy and do something simple, but she wanted horses.  So horses I did.  Keep in mind I had never tackled horses before so I was in new territory.  Of course something always goes wrong.  These were no exception.  First, the icing I used to flood the cookies separated when it dried and made a weird pattern on the cookies.  Second, I could not figure out how to put eyes on the darn things without making them looked possessed.  Third, the cookies started to get a little hard so I put bread in the container I was storing them in the night before the party.  Well this had a significant melting effect on the icing of the cookies in the near vicinity of the bread.  Lucky for me I plan ahead and make more than I need.  So by Saturday morning when I'm trying to get to Casper for a vet appointment, basketball game and a party I am dealing with crisis.  I won't even mention my procrastination of the cotton candy making. 

Long story short, I made it to the vet where Toby played with the cat. I made it to the basketball game where Samantha dressed for the JV team and played 3 minutes in the game.  And I made it to Addison's party where she had a hair raising good time.  Everyone loved the cookies and finally my day was done! 
 **Stay tuned for the other creative happenings I have been engaged in this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment